Sunday, January 28, 2007

Know your name and say your name

Dear All,
Please be aware of the christian name you selected for yourself or maybe your children.At least know what's the meaning of the name.Personally,I don't prefer calling my son a "Dick".Of course,if my daughter birthday is on April,I won't name her by "April" too."Paris" is OK, but not "Kepong" or "Skudai".

Try to google around first,find the meaning of the name before you making any decision.People might not remember your face,but is the name they will remember.Name is very important in giving people the first impression of yourself..If there are 2 girls in the chatroom,one is Ah Choo,and one is Michelle,who will you choose?9 out of 10 will choose Michelle.


So,here are some common name people use which are quite "incorrect".
Dick -
cock: obscene terms for penis
Fanny -
female genitalia: external female sex organs; "in England `fanny' is vulgar slang for female genitals"

Do you have others?Feel free to write to me so I can put it in.

No comments: