Wednesday, January 31, 2007

New Company,New me

Well,since many people been asking me about my new company,maybe i should briefly describe it.

My company business nature is selling CRM.The CRM is not off shelf,it is customizable.The analyst will gather the requirement from customer,then they will key in the requirement into an Excel file following the standards defined by the company.Things that can be key in including fields to be shown on page,database table schema,access level,user setting etc.After they keying all these information,they will use a tool to parse these Excel files.Please bear in mind that this is all done by business analyst,no programmer involves.After the parsing process,the parsing tool will generate a few files.Then,there is another engine which will read these configuration and generate an application on the fly.The interface is Flash based,whereas the backend is Java.

I will be working on the backend part.Now is at the end of version 2.This version is kinda hard to modified as it is already at very late stage.So,instead of modifying the structure,the programming team decided to release it as a usable version.We will basically do debugging and some performance tuning.The coming version 3 will involve a lot of restructuring.So I think my workload will be even heavier by then.At the moment,I am going through the codes and the structures of the system.Frankly,it is very complex.A lot of reflection were used.And the structure also quite confusing. :S

The working environment is quite OK.The working hour is flexible,which I can reach office around 10am even though official working hour is starting from 9am.If come in late,then must leave late also.Just make sure that every week my working hours will reach around 40 hours.Then the company also forcing me to take SCJP,a certificate for Java programmer.If I fail to get it within 6 months,then I cannot pass my probation period. :sweat: Its good also cos now there are people pushing me to take the cert,as I already planned to take at least 2 certs by this year but afraid that I might be too lazy to take it.Not really much overtime,even overtime will only be working until 8pm.I can foresee that I will learn alot here.

Anyway,I am looking forward to involve in version 3.Hope I can learn more on the core programming and some project management skills from my manager.

No comments: